Durat Al Sharq International School (formerly Pearl of the Orient International School) is one of the Schools offering American Curriculum in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a private school which began its operation in September 2005 with Boys and a Girls Section, in line with the Kingdom’s policy on segregation of sexes. The levels of education are from Pre-school (from kindergarten 1 to 3) , Lower Elementary Grades (from grade 1 to 3), Upper Elementary Grades (from grade 4-5) Middle School Grades( from grade 6to 8) and High School ( from Grade 9 to 12). The school is licensed by the Ministry of Education in Jeddah, and American International Accreditation Association USA.
To prepare students to become productive, innovative, creative, and effective members of society.
إﻋﺪاد اﻟﻄﻼب ﻟﻴﺼﺒﺤﻮا أﻓﺮاداً ﻣﻨﺘﺠﻴﻦ وﻣﺒﺪﻋﻴﻦ وﻣﺒﺘﻜﺮﻳﻦ وﻣﺆﺛﺮﻳﻦ ﻓﻲ اﻟﻤﺠﺘﻤﻊ
TO PROvIDE a DISTINCTIvE QUaLITY EDUCaTION THROUGH aN aTTRaCTIvE aND SaFE EDUCaTIONaL ENvIRONMENT THaT PROMOTES SKILLS aND aBILITIES ENCOURaGES SCIENTIFIC RESEaRCH, aND STIMULaTES CREaTIvITY aND INNOvaTION
ﺗﻘﺪﻳﻢ ﺗﻌﻠﻴﻢ ﻣﺘﻤﻴﺰ ﻟﻠﺠﻤﻴﻊ ﻓﻲ ﺑﻴﺌﺔ ﺗﻌﻠﻴﻤﻴﺔ ﺟﺎذﺑﺔ وآﻣﻨﺔ ﺗﺮﺗﻘﻲ ﺑﺎﻟﻤﻬﺎرات واﻟﻘﺪرات وﺗﺜﺮي اﻟﺒﺤﺚ اﻟﻌﻠﻤﻲ وﺗﺸﺠﻊ اﻻﺑﺘﻜﺎر واﻹﺑﺪاع
- Academic excellence goes beyond traditional boundaries, incorporating innovative teaching methods and educational practices, including critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and adaptability.
- A school’s culture of curiosity and exploration encourages scientific research and inquiry-based learning.
- The holistic development of students focuses on intellectual, emotional, social, and physical growth, preparing them to meet the challenges of the future.
- Islamic values are the core of the school and the focus is on integrating them into the curriculum and school culture, aligning educational practices with the principles of Islam in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia..
- An active school community involves engaging parents, educators, and local stakeholders in the educational process through collaboration.
- The school is a safe, inclusive, and aesthetically pleasing educational environment that inspires learning, creativity, and a sense of belonging for all members of the school community.
- The students are global citizens who develop an understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and global issues.
- A qualified teaching staff committed to cultivating the individual strengths of each child with care, compassion, justice, and respect, while simultaneously setting challenges to elevate achievement targets.
- A continuous development program is essential to enhance the effectiveness of our school programs.
- Respect and understand the perspective of each individual working for the school.